The Governing Body is made up of a cross-section of local people who freely volunteer their time. They meet twice each half term to discuss a wide range of school matters.
Governors have three main roles:
- To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- To hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- To oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies
- Studying data to ensure all pupils achieve
- Determining how the school’s budget is spent
- The appointing and dismissing of staff
- Forming policy on the school’s curriculum and collective worship
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each Governor. We have also provided on governors’ financial and business interests and details of membership of other governing bodies.
Chair – Lynne Downer
Vice Chair – Sue Evans
Staff – Craig Williams and Vicky Ashton
Clerk – Sarah McCarthy
We currently have some vacancies on our governing body; if you are interested in finding out more please contact the school office.
Becoming a Governor 2021
PJS Governor Membership 2021-2022
Looking for Governors (Parents) – September 2019
Governor Attendance at Meetings 2018-19
Summary of Governor Information and Attendance 2018-19