Please use the links below to view procedures and policies related to the importance of school attendance. You can also find the term dates and INSET days for the 2023/2024 academic year below.
Diary dates are published in the Purbrook Post which is usually emailed or sent home with your child on Fridays.
If your child is absent you must:
- Contact us as soon as possible or by 9:25 am at the latest on the first day of absence. The school has a 24hr answer phone available to leave a message (option 1); or the Absence tab on the ParentMail app.
- Send a note in on the first day they return with an explanation of the absence – you must do this even if you have already telephoned us;
- Or, you can call into school office and report the absence in person.
If we do not hear from you we will contact you via text or by telephone to ask for the reason for absence.
Lateness: The school day begins at 8:55am and all pupils are expected to be in school at this time. Morning registration is at 8:55am. Children arriving between 8:55am and 9:25am will be marked as a code ‘L’.
Arrival after the close of registration at 9:25am will be marked as unauthorised absence code ‘U’ in line with county and Department for Education (DfE) guidance. This mark shows them to be on site, but is legally recorded as an absence.
INSET Days 2023-2024
- Friday 1st September 2023
- Monday 27th November 2023
- Tuesday 2nd January 2024
- Thursday 28th March 2024
- Monday 3rd June 2024
Term dates 2023-2024
Please visit the website below for up-to-date term dates: