Welcome to the PJSA webpage!
The PJSA is an open group for all parents, careers, grandparents etc., who meet at school on the first Monday of every month, where we discuss previous and upcoming events, new ideas, fund raising opportunities and more. We help support the school in a number of ways from supplying crackers for the children’s Christmas lunch to raising money for new equipment.
Every penny the PJSA raises goes to support the school enrich the children’s learning and their whole school experience. We raise funds in many ways; we hold cinema nights with pizza, hotdogs and snacks; a food stall at sports day to keep the children and their supporters full and hydrated; we collect and sell good quality second-hand uniform – the children grow so fast! We also have external entertainers including magicians, a panto crew and more. We hold a firework night biannually with glow sticks, food (of course!) and a sweet tombola. Our Christmas and May fayres are always fun – games, prizes, refreshment, raffle full of amazing donated prizes, and of course a good old tombola! And recently the PJSA 50 50 Club – £24.00 for the Year 1 draw a month, if you’re the lucky winner you receive 50% of the entries from that month and 50% to our Minibus fund (our new project!). If you would like to join forms can be found at the school reception or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Fundraising put to a great use:
The funds raised have been used for many amazing extras in and around our school, including:
- An outdoor learning area for the children that was built in a previously unused area of the school and provides a seating area with shade.
- 8 virtual reality (VR) headsets for the use of the children at Purbrook Junior School which has enhanced their technology and learning without leaving the classroom.
- New picnic benches made from recycled plastic which the children are using at break times.
- The fencing around this area has been refurbished and the Gardening Club are going to plant some hardy shrubs to further enhance this area.
- Outside the library we have installed benches, including two “buddy” benches. We aim to provide an area where the children can be outside whilst reading/learning.
The PJSA along with members of staff have chosen to raise monies for a much needed minibus. We currently borrow/hire one as and when we need (if it’s available!) Having a school minibus would provide so many opportunities and additional activities for our children and enrich their learning and development.
We cannot run all of the events above without help. The PJSA is completely run voluntary by people that have children/grandchildren at the school. We all have jobs and families and we understand that people cannot help at every event or come to every meeting but without your help these events could not run. If you would like to help, receive the meeting minutes to keep up to date or know anyone/business that could make a donation please get in touch via email email@example.com, pop a note in the PJSA post-box located in the school reception or message us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PurbrookPJSA and don’t forget to give us a like!
We are very grateful for all the help and support we receive.