The role of House Captains are ones of privilege, pride and responsibility. They are more than just a title and badge and require dedication and commitment for an entire year. They will consistently display and promote the school’s values of Respect, Team, Achieve and Dream Big.
House Captains are elected by the children in their House after giving a speech about what they can offer their House. All children in years 3-6 vote for their House Captains. There is a boy and girl House Captain for each house.
Each Captain will be different and will contribute an assortment of skills and ideas to the job role.
Characteristics of House Captains
- Polite and well-mannered
- Organised and committed
- A confident speaker
- Well-presented in uniform and appearance
- Able to liaise and converse with staff, students and the wider community
- Desire to act responsibly and to be a role model for other students
- Be caring, mature and honest
We expect you:
- To be a positive role model and ambassador for the school, demonstrating Purbrook’s school values.
- To be enthusiastic and committed to the House System at Purbrook Junior School.
- To be friendly and positive with all students, particularly within your House.
- To be part of the team of House Captains who work together to achieve success for all.
- Lead and support the children of your House in a variety of House Competitions
- Work closely with teachers, providing ideas and support for competitions and House related activities
- Inspire the children of your House
- Be an excellent role model in behaviour, attitude and dress at all times
Our House Captains for the 2023-2024 academic year: