At Purbrook Junior School, the safety, health and wellbeing of all of our children is of paramount importance at all times. All staff are committed in ensuring that your child feels safe, happy and content during their time at Purbrook Junior.
All adults who work in the school are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) investigation procedures as well as rigorous employment and interview checking procedures. All adults who work in the school are trained to take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of pupils at the school.
Our DSLs are:
- Mr C Williams (Headteacher, Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Mrs D Maxwell (Deputy Headteacher, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Mrs V Mott (SENCo and Inclusion Leader, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Mrs T Ginn (Home School Link Worker, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Mrs S Johnson (ELSA, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
If you would like to see our Safeguarding policy, please use the link below.
As a school we have a responsibility to ensure children are safe. This includes the appropriate use of the internet and social media which can present safeguarding risks. We ask you to ensure that suitable filtering is in place and that your children are made aware of the general online safety.
To support your child’s understanding of online safety, please refer to the Keeping Safe page under the tab ‘Purbrook Learners’.