Physical Education is a very important part of our curriculum and is enjoyed by all across the school. We aim to target children of all abilities and ensure they have a positive and fun experience of physical education.
The main focuses within our P.E. Curriculum are:
- Co ordination
These are incorporated in our lessons through gymnastics, invasion, dance, net & wall, strike & field and athletics.
Sports day integrates many of these activities to allow children to demonstrate the skills they have learnt throughout the year. Children are sorted in to ability groups and compete against other groups of similar ability. This ensures achievement for all.
Children are targeted within P.E. and invited to join specific after school clubs where they get the chance to be selected to represent the school in competitions of all levels.
Physical Education Expectations
- P.E. is a part of the curriculum and all children are expected to take part in all P.E. lessons. A valid medical reason that prevents them from doing so, must be provided in writing for a child to be exempt.
- All children must have to P.E. kit in school on all days
- P.E. kit must include: Purbrook P.E. t-shirt or similar plain t-shirt (no football shirts), black shorts or leggings, suitable P.E. shoes (for indoor and outdoor use).
- Long hair must be tied back.
- JEWELLERY – ALL jewellery must be removed, including earrings (unless ears pierced within the last 6 weeks – when parents must provide tape).