Important information for parents and pupils who have instrumental/vocal lessons with Hampshire Music Service.
NOTICE: Hampshire Music Service’s instrumental lessons will be continuing through an online service from 11th January 2021. See ParentMail sent on 12th January.
🎶 HMS Virtual Learning Zone 🎶
From Jill Larner – Head of Hampshire Music Service
The HMS Virtual Learning Zone is open for the summer term. Please go to https://www.hants.gov.uk/educationandlearning/hampshiremusic/securearea/student to log a parent email address. Initially, you need to use the user name and password that can be found on the front of your practice book. You will then be able to register and log your email address.
By logging on to the Learning Zone, you will be able to:
- have email conversations with your child’s music teacher
- get advice and information on how to help them progress with their instrumental/vocal skills.
- access an extensive resources section which includes video demos by HMS staff and lots of music, technical exercises, worksheets, ensemble activities etc.
- the opportunity to upload audio or video recordings of your son/daughter playing, for a more detailed response from their teacher.
Teachers will respond at least once a week during term-time, and you will have open access to all the online resources. This provision is available for HMS students, so please do not share the password with students who will not be registered to communicate with an HMS teacher.
The Zone is now open to sign in, please visit….
- Follow the instructions on the ‘Student secure area’ page and click on the pink ‘Student area’ button to continue.
- Enter the username and password which you will find in your son/daughter’s practice diary, and click ‘ok’ (username: hmsstudent, password: learningzone).
Here you will find links to the various sections contained within the Learning Zone, along with instructions on how to contact your teacher and upload recordings of your children playing.
If you experience technical issues with the website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you enjoy the resources and opportunities to continue engaging with our teachers and we look forward to hearing from you.